Are you on the fence on whether your company should upgrade to Maximo Version 7.6? IBM announced discontinued support for Maximo 7.5, effective 30th April 2018. Let’s walk through the advantages that you should consider.
Get More Out of Maximo with 7.6
- New Capabilities:
- New User Interface: Improved user experience with product usability and navigation
- Work Centers:Role-based, data-driven, interactive work centers drive an intuitive and better user experience.
- BIM: Enhanced BIM (Building Information Modeling) with new apps for COBie data import, BIM project management and commissioning of 3-dimensional building views.
- Maps and Service Addresses – Add service addresses for assets and locations and take advantage of ESRI, Google and Bing maps for increased resource utilization and usability.
- Advanced Analytical Capabilities: Improved insights through Cognos Enterprise and the latest BIRT reporting solution.
- Expanded list of Add-Ons like MAHI and Industry Solutions:Maximo Asset Health Insights (MAHI) helps reliability engineers determine repair versus replace, predict remaining useful life, and support predictive maintenance initiatives.
- IBM Watson Analytics Integration: Take advantage of Watson’s cognitive and artificial intelligence with seven preconfigured data sets and seamless export to Watson Analytics.
- Leverage IoT Platform: Gain insight to real-time asset health data and perform condition-based maintenance leveraging your collected data.
- Better License Tracking:New applications and reports enable users to register and track usage of their entitlements to help identify under or over utilization.
- Automation Testing: Support using the Selenium Automation Framework to facilitate quicker deployment of newer features.
- Reduced need for Customizations: Improved out-of-the-box capabilities reduce the need for customizations with user configuration and automation scripting, integration to external REST APIs, and troubleshooting support. For example, Motors@Work brings value-added analyses leveraging OOTB functionality.
Another Advantage: Motors@Work is Now Embedded in Maximo
Motors@Work’s is now embedded into the Maximo solution providing continuous, near-real-time analyses of your motor-driven equipment’s operating performance. Just sign in once and Motors@Work seamlessly pulls asset, reliability, and energy intelligence to support your asset management decisions. Select Motors@Work from Maximo’s menu to access dashboards, real-time alerts, and patent-pending analytics. Or, go to the Motors@Work tab on each motor, pump, fan, and compressor to view that asset’s recent measurements and alerts. This visibility helps you make your Maximo SMARTER by upgrading O&M capabilities from Preventive Maintenance to Predictive Maintenance.
With deep motor expertise, proprietary motor catalog, and patent-pending analytics, Motors@Work’s lifecycle cost analyses help you make better-informed asset management decisions throughout the entire asset lifecycle:
- DESIGN Find the best asset for your application from our proprietary catalog of nearly 50,000 commercially available motors
- ACQUIRE Access and import the manufacturer’s pricing, specifications, & drawings
- OPERATE Compare your motor-driven system’s energy and reliability performance to industry standards and recognized best practices
- OPERATE Optimize your pump-system operating schedules
- OPERATE Explore & manage how your motor-driven systems affect your energy expenses
- MAINTAIN Generate timely, intelligence-rich work orders when opportunities arise to improve reliability & reduce energy expenses
- MAINTAIN Explore what’s causing your motor-system failures
- RETIRE Automatically evaluate asset repair or replace decisions
- RETIRE Rank your motor-driven assets’ performance
To learn more on upgrading Maximo or adding Motors@Work to your Maximo solution, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.